Update: Visa-free travel extended to 45 countries
17 Jan 17
IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Kazakhstan has implemented 30-day visa-free travel for nationals of 45 countries.
What does the change mean? The 45 designated countries represent an expanded list of nationals from the list reported in December following the government resolution.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate. The law was implemented Jan. 1.
- Visas/permits affected: Visa-free stays of up to 30 days.
- Who is affected: Eligible nationals traveling to Kazakhstan for short-term business trips or tourism.
- Impact on processing times: Eligible travelers will not need to apply for a visa at a consulate.
- Business impact: The visa-free regime will ease business travel.
Background: Nationals of the following 45 countries are eligible for visa-free travel:
BAL Analysis: The expansion of the visa free regime to 45 countries and for 30-day stays (up from 15 days) will eliminate visa processing for travelers making short trips, including those for business purposes. Business travelers staying longer than 30 days may, upon expiration of the visa-free period, apply in-country for a 30-day business visa (for a total stay of 60 days).
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group and our network provider located in Kazakhstan. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2017 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.