The Peruvian government now requires individuals who are renewing their Resident Worker visas to submit proof of tax payments.

Key Points:

  • Applicants must now obtain a report of taxes withheld by their employer for the last year from the Customs and Tax Agency and submit it with their complete Resident Worker renewal applications.
  • To apply for a Resident Worker Visa renewal, dependent-worker applicants must provide:
    • A renewal form from this website.
    • The number of the Government Fee and the date of payment.
    • An affidavit of noncriminal, police or judicial background in Peru and abroad.
    • A copy of the employment contract renewal, approved by the Ministry of Labor.
    • A copy of paystubs from the last three months.
    • The report of incomes and withholdings and consultation of contributions and withholdings of the worker from the tax authority of Peru.

Additional Information: Sponsoring companies can request the report of incomes and withholdings as well as the consultation of contributions and withholdings on behalf of a worker.

BAL Analysis: The change adds an additional step to the Resident Worker renewal process. Applicants should take note of the new requirement and leave additional time to obtain their tax report before submitting their application.

This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact

Copyright © 2021 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact