The Malaysian government has announced that foreign nationals who hold a Long-Term Visit Pass will be able to enter the country without having to apply through My Travel Pass (MTP) or MyEntry.

Key Points:

  • Beginning Nov. 1, foreign nationals who hold one of the following Long-Term Visit Passes will be exempt from the application process for entering the country:
    • Diplomat (Exemption Order)/Dependent/Foreign Maid.
    • Employment Pass (Category I, II, III)/Dependents/Foreign Maid.
    • Foreign Maid (PRA).
    • Long-term Pass (Husband/Wife/Child) to Citizens.
    • Malaysia Pass My Second Home (MM2H)/Dependents/Foreign Maid.
    • Permanent Resident (PR)/Spouse to PR/Child to PR.
    • Professional Visit Pass.
    • Professional Visit Pass – Specialist.
    • Resident Pass.
    • Resident Pass-Talent (RP-T)/Dependents/Foreign Maid.
    • Senior Citizen Pass.
    • Student/Dependent/Escort Pass.
    • Temporary Working Visit Pass (PLKS).
    • Widow/Widower Pass to Citizens.

Additional Information: Individuals who hold a Social Visit Pass, expired Long-Term Visit Pass, Application for Employment Pass (Category I, II, III)/Resident Pass-Talent (RP-T)/Dependents/Foreign Maid and Professional Visit Pass (newly approved) or Short-Term Business Traveler Pass must apply through MTP or MyEntry before entering the country.

BAL Analysis: Malaysian entry procedures remain subject to existing immigration rules, health protocols and quarantine requirements implemented by the Ministry of Health. BAL will continue to monitor entry procedure developments and will provide more information as it becomes available.

This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact

Copyright © 2021 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact