Visa issuance at New York Consulate on hold
26 Feb 16
IMPACT – LOW
What is the change? Algeria’s consulate in New York has run out of visa stickers and is unable to print visas.
What does the change mean? Individuals applying for Algerian visas through the New York Consulate should expect delays until new stickers arrive from Algeria.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate.
- Visas/permits affected: All visas.
- Who is affected: Visa applicants in one of the 43 states covered by the Algerian Consulate General in New York.
- Impact on processing times: Visa issuance may be delayed several days or longer.
- Business impact: Employers should be aware of the suspension in services and may have to adjust business schedules if the delay is prolonged.
BAL Analysis: The disruption in service affects most U.S. applicants which could cause a backlog even after visa issuance resumes.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact your BAL attorney.
Copyright © 2016 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.