Start-up work permit requirements published
27 Jun 22
IMPACT – MEDIUM
The Swedish government has published eligibility requirements for its new start-up work permit.
- Foreign nationals can now apply for a start-up work permit to look for work or start a business in Sweden if they:
- Have obtained an advanced-level degree.
- Plan to seek employment or start a business in Sweden.
- Have at least 13,000 SEK for each month the applicant plans to stay in the country.
- Hold valid international health insurance.
- Currently live outside of Sweden and hold a passport that will be valid for their entire stay in the country.
- If approved, individuals will receive a start-up visa to stay in Sweden for three to nine months. Family members and dependents are not eligible to join the applicant on this visa.
- Applications for the start-up visa can be submitted through this website.
Additional Information: More information regarding eligibility requirements and application instructions for the start-up visa is available here.
BAL Analysis: Those interested in the new residence permit for start-ups should work closely with their immigration provider.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2022 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.