New international recruitment unit, work permit model to be introduced
19 May 23
IMPACT — MEDIUM
The Swedish government has announced that it plans to launch a new international recruitment unit and create a new work permit model in the coming months.
- Once implemented, Swedish authorities plan to adjudicate complete work permit applications for highly skilled workers within 30 days.
- Authorities will introduce four new work permit models:
- Category A includes work permit applications for highly qualified occupations defined as managerial, advanced university competence and higher education or equivalent.
- Category B includes specific occupations, such as intra-corporate transferees, EU Blue Card holders, artists, researchers and athletes/coaches.
- Category C includes occupations that do not require an advanced degree and do not require a high level of case evaluation.
- Category D includes work permit applications in industries defined as particularly demanding in terms of case investigation, including cleaning, construction, personal assistance, and hotels and restaurants.
- More information regarding the new international recruitment unit and the work permit model is available here.
BAL Analysis: Swedish authorities introduced the new international recruitment unit to reduce processing times and improve services to employers hiring highly skilled foreign nationals.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice Group. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2023 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.