Investor visa program launched
1 Jun 22
IMPACT – MEDIUM
The Sri Lankan government recently launched its “Golden Paradise” visa program for investors.
- Foreign nationals can now apply for the 10-year “Golden Paradise” investor visa through this website.
- To be eligible for the investor visa, individuals must:
- Open a “Golden Paradise” bank account and deposit at least US$100,000. Visa holders will be able to withdraw $50,000 after the first year.
- Email proof of their bank deposit, six-month police record, medical report and a copy of their passport biographical page to email@example.com when notified to submit such evidence.
- Compete the Residence Visa application and the Personal Particular form.
- Foreign nationals who obtain a visa can sponsor spouses and dependent children.
- Individuals will not be allowed to work while in Sri Lanka on the investor visa.
Additional Information: More information regarding the “Golden Paradise” investor visa is available here.
BAL Analysis: Foreign nationals who meet the investment requirements of the new program are now eligible to apply for the long-term visa.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2022 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.