Online residence permit made available to Portuguese-speaking countries
15 Mar 23
IMPACT — MEDIUM
The Portuguese government has made online residence permits available to nationals of Portuguese-speaking countries.
- Nationals of the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, including Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Mozambique and Sao Tome e Principe, can now apply for new residence permits. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Not be in the Serviço de Informações de Segurança system.
- Submit a criminal record for each country they have lived in for more than one year.
- Have proof of a stable, livable income.
- Residence permit applications for nationals of CPLC can be submitted through this website.
BAL Analysis: Portuguese authorities have allowed nationals of CPLC countries to apply for residence permits to increase mobility and strengthen ties between the countries.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice Group. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2023 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.