Online consular services platform launched
20 Jun 23
IMPACT — MEDIUM
The Portuguese government has launched an online consular platform to schedule services and appointments at local consular posts.
Individuals may now use Virtual Consulate for:
- Birth registration of children under one and application for the first Citizen Card.
- Birth registration of minors over one with one parent being a Portuguese national.
- Consular registration.
- Consular registration certificate.
- Declaring a death.
- Booking online services at a consular post.
- Post transference.
- Renewal of the Citizen’s Card for those over 25.
- Updating consular inscription form.
BAL Analysis: Portuguese authorities introduced the online consular services platform to simplify its processes for scheduling consular services. The Portuguese government plans to expand services provided by the Virtual Consulate in the coming months.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice Group. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2023 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.