Visa-on-arrival program launched, available for some business travel
30 Mar 21
Iraq has launched a visa-on-arrival program for nationals of a number of countries.
- Sixty-day visas on arrival are now available to nationals of Australia, Canada, China, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States and European Union member states.
- The visas are available for a fee of US$52.
- The visas can be used for a limited number of business activities, including:
- Attending internal company meetings or negotiating contracts.
- Attending conferences or seminars.
- Exploring business or investment opportunities.
- Receiving training.
- Receiving legal services for help in forming new business entities.
- Visas on arrival are non-transferrable.
- Visas on arrival are not available for defense contractors.
- The program covers Federal Iraq. The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) runs a separate visa regime.
Analysis & Comments: The change could ease visa procedures for some travelers and may prove an easier option than the consular visa process for some travel. Officials implemented the program in hopes of drawing more business and investment to Iraq. There are limits on the program, however, and employers are encouraged to work closely with Deloitte if they have questions about which visa is the best option for employees visiting Iraq.
Rest of World Source: Deloitte. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more. Deloitte Legal means the legal practices of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms or their affiliates that provide legal services. For legal, regulatory and other reasons, not all member firms provide legal services. This includes Deloitte Tax LLP in the United States, which does not provide legal and/or immigration advice or services. This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the “Deloitte network”) is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication. © 2021. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.