Immigration processes moved online for foreign nationals, family members
25 Jan 23
IMPACT — MEDIUM
The Hungarian government recently moved certain immigration processes online for foreign nationals and their family members.
- Foreign nationals and their family members must now submit applications for permanent residence cards, registration certificates and residence cards online through this website.
- Previously, foreign nationals and their family members were allowed to submit applications in person.
- Approved registration certificates for the aforementioned individuals will be issued by mail to employers.
- Third-country nationals must submit initial and renewal applications online for permanent residence permits, EU permanent residence permits and renewal residence permit applications.
- Hungarian authorities will not accept invitation letters submitted by immigration offices; Hungarian consulates will only accept invitation letters issued by a host company.
Additional Information: Individuals must submit residence permit extension applications at least 30 days before their permit expires.
BAL Analysis: Hungarian authorities have moved many immigration processes online to streamline and simplify the application process for foreign nationals and their family members. Foreign nationals are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new online processes before submitting applications.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice Group. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2023 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.