Proof of funds amount increased for D visa
17 Mar 23
IMPACT — MEDIUM
The Estonian government has increased the minimum proof of funds an individual must show when applying for short-term employment under the D visa.
- Foreign nationals must prove they have at least €1,200 (about US$1,280) in savings or earnings per month when applying for a D visa.
- D visa applicants are not required to show proof of funds for spouses and dependents.
- Foreign nationals traveling to Estonia to work for a start-up or for seasonal work must prove they have at least €800 in savings or earnings per month.
- Start-up and seasonal workers must show proof of funds for spouses of at least €640 in savings or earnings per month.
- More information regarding the proof of funds requirement for D visa applicants is available here.
BAL Analysis: Estonia has implemented a proof of funds requirements for D visa applicants to ensure foreign nationals can support themselves while living in the country.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice Group. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2023 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.