Business Harbor Program expanded
23 Jul 21
IMPACT – MEDIUM
The Polish government recently announced that the Business Harbor Program would be open to more nationalities. The program provides simplified visa procedures and the ability to work without a work permit for applicants from certain countries.
- Citizens from Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine can now apply for a visa under the Business Harbor Program.
- To qualify for the program applicants must have the following documents:
- A completed and signed national visa application.
- A current biometric photo and a passport that was issued within 10 years and will be valid for three months from the intended return date.
- Medical insurance for the duration of the visa.
- A document confirming sponsorship by a Polish company (if the applicant is a freelancer). Belarusian nationals can substitute this document with proof of technical education or at least one year of experience in the IT industry.
- A document confirming qualifications for the Poland Prize program (for individuals who are setting up a startup).
- A document confirming qualifications for the Polish Investment and Trade Agency program (for individuals running an established business).
Additional Information: The Business Harbor Program was established to help freelancers, startups, subject matter experts and large companies move to Poland through a simplified visa process. More information on the Business Harbor Program can be found here.
BAL Analysis: The expanded Business Harbor Program gives approved nationalities access to a simplified visa application process and allows them to work in Poland without a valid work permit.
This alert has been provided by Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.