The Malaysian government has exempted certain work pass holders from needing to get MYEntry or MYTravelPass permissions to enter Malaysia.

Key Points:

  • As of Jan. 13, individuals applying for the following pass types no longer need MYEntry or MYTravelPass entry permissions:
    • Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependent(s).
    • Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III).
    • Professional Visit Pass (PVP).
    • Dependent Pass to expatriate for all categories.
    • Long-Term Social Visit Pass.
    • Foreign maids for foreign nationals.
  • Short-term business travelers and embassy staff and their dependents do not meet the exemption requirements and must continue to get MYEntry or MYTravelPass permissions to enter the country.

BAL Analysis: The Malaysian government intends to streamline application process for the applying for the passes listed above.

This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact

Copyright © 2022 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact