COVID-19: Travel restrictions updated, lockdown in effect
5 May 21
The Turkish government has implemented changes to COVID-19 procedures, guidelines and travel restrictions.
- As of April 22, all travelers who have visited India within the last 10 days will undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine at government-selected locations.
- Passengers who are 6 years of age or older will be required to submit a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure to Turkey. At the end of the 14-day quarantine, individuals will undergo a second PCR test and be released upon receiving a negative result.
- As of April 15, flights to and from Russia have been significantly restricted until June 1.
- As of April 29, during the month of Ramadan and subsequent holiday through May 17, a lockdown will remain in effect 24 hours per day.
- Individuals are allowed to leave their homes for limited reasons, such as, purchasing groceries or similar essentials within walking distance from their homes.
Additional Information: Turkey continues to require all individuals seeking entry into the country to have a negative PCR test result obtained within 72 hours of departure to the country. A 14-day quarantine is still in effect for travelers from Brazil and South Africa, arriving into Turkey directly or through transit. On day 10 of the quarantine, individuals will be subject to a second PCR test and will be released if the test results are negative.
Analysis & Comments: The updated restrictions may complicate travel for individuals from the aforementioned countries and those currently residing in Turkey.The response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop, and Deloitte will provide additional updates as information becomes available.
Rest of World Source: Deloitte. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more. Deloitte Legal means the legal practices of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms or their affiliates that provide legal services. For legal, regulatory and other reasons, not all member firms provide legal services. This includes Deloitte Tax LLP in the United States, which does not provide legal and/or immigration advice or services. This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the “Deloitte network”) is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication. © 2021. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.