Josiah is a Senior Associate in the Boston office of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP where he provides strategic guidance to employers on all facets of the complex US business immigration process. He represents employers in the information technology, energy, insurance, management consulting, and legal industries before the US Department of Labor, US Department of Homeland Security, and US Department of State in addition to providing counsel regarding immigration compliance, program management, and corporate reorganizations. Josiah is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association where he serves on the national Department of Labor Liaison Committee and is a frequent speaker at the local and national levels on business immigration matters.
Prior to joining BAL, Josiah practiced in the Boston office of a large global immigration law firm. He is also passionate about giving back to his community and provides pro bono counsel to a number of organizations including Doctors Without Borders and Kids in Need of Defense.
Education & Admissions
New England School of Law, Juris Doctorate
Framingham State University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Political Science
Admitted, Massachusetts State Bar
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past Speaking Engagements:
1. Presenter, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) - Foreign Investors and the E-2 Visa (April 2017)
2. AILA National Conference 2016 – PERM Fundamentals: Recruitment (June 2016)
3. Lawline CLE – Foreign Investors and the E-2 Visa – Facilitating Cross Border Movement of Critical Employees (February 2015)
4. Maine HR Convention – Employer Compliance with the New Form I-9 (May 2013)
5. AILA New England Conference 2018 – “Political Climate, Legislation & Your Practice” (March 2018)