Minimum salary requirements increased
17 May 23
IMPACT — MEDIUM
The Norwegian government has increased the minimum salary requirements for work permit holders with higher education degrees.
- Foreign national work permit holders who are not citizens of the EU and hold a higher education degree must be paid:
- 448,900 NOK (about US$41,800) annually for positions that require a bachelor’s degree.
- 480,900 NOK annually for positions that require a master’s degree.
- Employers must pay the collective wage rate to foreign nationals who are not from the EU and work in an industry where a collective agreement exists.
- Benefits cannot be included to meet the minimum salary requirement.
BAL Analysis: Businesses may see a slight increase in labor costs because of the new salary requirement. Employers should take the new minimums into account and adjust their budgets if necessary.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice Group. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2023 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.