Digital Nomad visa announced
13 May 22
IMPACT – MEDIUM
The Latvian government has announced that it will soon offer a remote worker visa for qualifying foreign nationals to live and work in the country.
- The remote work visa allows foreign nationals to live and work remotely in Latvia for up to one year. It is renewable for one additional year.
- To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an average income of at least €2.857.50 per month.
- Be able to work remotely through telecommunications technology.
- Have proof that they are employed by a company outside of Latvia for at least six months.
- The Digital Nomad visa is not available at this time. The program must be entered into force by the Latvian parliament before it takes effect.
Additional Information: Digital Nomad visa holders will not receive workers’ rights or be eligible for social assistance while in Latvia. More information regarding Latvia’s Digital Nomad visa is available here.
BAL Analysis: The visa will allow more foreign national “digital nomads” to live and work in Latvia to stimulate the economy, create jobs and help the country recover financially from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2022 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries please contact email@example.com.