Requirements for posted worker reporting changed
19 Oct 21
The Finnish government has changed posted worker reporting requirements.
- As of Oct. 1, employers are required to submit a posted worker report by completing this electronic form.
- The report must be submitted before the official start-day as indicated in the employee’s contract.
- As of Oct. 1, employee-specific information must be provided within the posted worker report including the employee’s:
- Full name.
- Personal identification number in their country of citizenship.
- Tax identification number in their country of residence.
- Start and end date of employment.
- Employment location(s).
Additional Information: Posted worker reporting is not necessary for employees who are transferred within the company for five days or less unless they are in the construction industry. If the employee is working in the construction industry, employers must also include a Finnish tax identification number in the posted worker report.
BAL Analysis: Employers should ensure that they have their employees’ required information when filling out the electronic posted worker report.
This alert has been provided by the BAL Global Practice group. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2021 Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. All rights reserved. Reprinting or digital redistribution to the public is permitted only with the express written permission of Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.